Thursday 29 July 2010

Sanctuary: 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask

Product: Sanctuary: 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
Price: FREE! normally £9.99 for 100ml.

When I say free, I got this off the Cosmo! Website. They were asking people to do a free trial and review it, and since I knew it wasn't normally cheap, (I am a tight student, every little helps!) I thought I would apply for it. They said they didn't have many left, so I thought I wouldn't get one. I forgot all about it as you do, then when I went to collect my last ASOS order from the Porters Lodge, I noticed I had another parcel. I hadn't ordered anything else bar the ASOS stuff, so I didnt have a clue what it was. Turns out it was this! I got all excited, but then I read the letter inside with it, and the last day to send off the review was the soemthing like the 17th July. And it was then the 18th. Whooops. Never mind, I did it once when I got it and then sent the thing off, but obviously you were meant to use it all for 4 weeks then send it off. Never mind.

Soooo... I thought whilst I was watching Young, Dumb, And Living off Mum (they are ALL brats FYI. If I turn into one of them you can shoot me.), I will review it on here. Plus you get to see me with no make up on and just the fask mask. Sexy... That sounds like I am taking a nude picture, its not me naked, so don't worry. You are all safe. THIS time ;)

The bottle colour is the same colour as the actual face mask, a beautiful grey colour with a few sparkles on it. I am guessing it is to go with the 'natural' look. Putting it on your face is rather messy, just like any other face mask. I would make sure you have a baby wipe on hand to clean your fingers! :)

That (>>>) is what it looks like. I have no other make up on and look VERY rough, so I do apologise if I put anyone off their tea. Or makes them want to cry themselves to sleep at night. I give you permission to use it at Halloween as well haha ;)

When its on your face, the fask mask heats up. It feels amazing I think, but if you don't like that type of thing then you won't like it obvs. The title of it says '5 minutes', but I tend to leave it on for slightly longer, usually because I forget I have it on or because its still quite warm. The mask doesnt actually set neither, unlike some where they get hard and you have to peel them off. This one you just wash off. I must say, it made my skin feel uber soft once I had removed the mask. However on the Boots website (link here) says that '
The warmth of this Sanctuary Thermal Detox self-heating mask helps to open up the pores so the charcoal and kaolin clay can help draw out the impurities from deep within the skin.' I dont think it did that. Yes, it heated up, yes it made my skin soft, but I have been using it like it states on the bottle, twice a week for 4 weeks, but I don't see any less spots or blemishes.

Overall, I think I would give this product 3.5*. I think its a fabulous fask mask, but I personally dont think it does what it says, minus making my skin feel softer for a little bit. I won't stop using it though as I think its lovely to sit with it on your face whilst you are in the bath. Dont worry, there wont be any photos of that on this post haha ;)

xoxox

NEXT TIME: Une All in One Mascara.

No comments: